• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Into the sea ...

Cem_Usakligil

...my path leads.
That's where
my heart lies.

intothesea.jpg

Cem

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cem,

I love pictures of wooden structures going into the water. I also find all images with paths have an advantage since that is what we are all on and is the master metaphor in life "Life s a Journey".

I find the composition totally unexpected. I cannot imagine making such a pattern so it speaks to the difference in our approaches. However, despite the surprise, I'm impressed. It's about one man and a relationship with uncertainty.

I'd love to see may other pictures you took of this scene.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

this shot shows the largeness and smallness of a human
and
all in- connected as one

I really-like the open interpetation this provides for the looker-
what a destiny man has to begin and end- the alpha and the omega-
love this so much**

Charlotte

Cem_Usakligil

this shot shows the largeness and smallness of a human
and
all in- connected as one

I really-like the open interpetation this provides for the looker-
what a destiny man has to begin and end- the alpha and the omega-
love this so much**

Charlotte
Thanks a lot Charlotte, you are so much better in expressing these feelings than I am :).

Cheers,

Cem

----

Life

We are choosers, we make choices. Which path to take? Which road to walk? Why did he take the left one? No one knows, but he did, so he made a choice.

Life

We are confronted with choices each day. Even when we think we did not make a choice, in fact, we made one by not choosing. There is no such thing as no choice. There are only choices.

Life

Responsible choices. There are good things, there are bad things. There are good choices and bad choices. Utterly in making choices we take responsibility.

Life

Some steps are easy, some are not. Some steps we take wihtout thinking, however we thought about them at one stage before in our life, thats learning. The next step is to be taken with greater care, otherwise he may loose balance and drop.

----
....Thanks Cem!....

Michael Fontana

pro member
Cem

I'd like to compare your shot with a version, that shows the wooden structures ending in the sea - with the men. So just a bit more space on the right. Any chances?

I don't know if it would be better, therefore the comparison.

Cem_Usakligil

----

Life

We are choosers, we make choices. Which path to take? Which road to walk? Why did he take the left one? No one knows, but he did, so he made a choice.

Life

We are confronted with choices each day. Even when we think we did not make a choice, in fact, we made one by not choosing. There is no such thing as no choice. There are only choices.

Life

Responsible choices. There are good things, there are bad things. There are good choices and bad choices. Utterly in making choices we take responsibility.

Life

Some steps are easy, some are not. Some steps we take wihtout thinking, however we thought about them at one stage before in our life, thats learning. The next step is to be taken with greater care, otherwise he may loose balance and drop.

----
....Thanks Cem!....
Hi Bear,

This is an excellent interpretation of this picture. That is exactly the reason why it raises above the status of being a simple snapshot. Because it makes people like you and me stop and ponder, even if for a moment.

Thanks for the this, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil

Cem

I'd like to compare your shot with a version, that shows the wooden structures ending in the sea - with the men. So just a bit more space on the right. Any chances?

I don't know if it would be better, therefore the comparison.
Hi Michael,

I know exactly what you are thinking of but unfortunately, this is the only usable shot I have. It was a split second opportunity and I had one chance of aiming the camera at him and taking the picture while he was balancing for his next step. To make matters worse, it was my first time ever shooting with my newly acquired Canon G9 which does not have a good optical VF. I would have achieved a better composition if I had my 5D with me. I have some other shots which might be interesting but I can only post them from home this evening.

Thanks for the consideration and the suggestion.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Well
for me that guy has made a choice… now he only can go further, prudently… on his way to… good swim?

But yes, it's far more than a simple B&W (;-) snap, it let's open our mind… Can I say (in that case) refreshing?