• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

From the Yukon Territory

Mark Prins

Hi All,
I am a photographer located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. My main studio is located in Whitehorse Yukon and I have alternate locations in other communities in the territory. I live in the digital world and am married to Nikon. I just set up my 9880 today and am still getting my ducks in a row but it sure is nice to have a wide format printer on hand to push prints to. I have two main passions, panoramic (stitched) and music photography. I have a number of CD covers to my credit and a few of my panoramas are in a few collections. I have self published some limited edition books of different projects hand bound with fold out panoramas. I am working on a new website, my current site does a poor job of selling my skills. I have already learned lots from the different posts on OPF and expect to learn lots more, thanks to you all.

Mark Prins
Inanda Images
Whitehorse Yukon
www.inandaimages.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I had a quick look at your website and you certainly are interested in panos and your dog has a good sense of humor!

http://www.inandaimages.com/Culture/album04/carmacks.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Welcome to you. I hope you will really enjoy it here and share your thoughts and experience as well as post your images. For the panos you might need up to 1000 pixels wide if you need that much.

Otherwise 500-800 pixels is better.

I am looking forward to your exprience with the large format printer. When did you set it up?

All the best to you,

Asher

Mark Prins

Thanks Asher and Nikolai for the welcome. I am learning over time to set my online dimensions, thanks for the input. My 9880 was set up about two days before the announcement of Epson’s new printer line leaked out. My printing experience has been fairly mundane, the most difficult part was looking in the online FAQ for the acronyms for the different papers for the icm profiles. I have a bit of built up printer need so I have been pushing a few prints to the printer almost all are panoramas 12x44 seems to work well, then I remind myself to look up the word restraint again. I have been a longtime user of Qimage and my transition to the 9880 was fairly simple. I am using matt ink and enhanced matt paper which I like. I have found my color awareness has suddenly moved to the forefront of printing critiques even more so when I print other peoples material.

http://www.inandaimages.com/MackenzieDelta/Mallik/2008-02-21/2008-02-21+sunrisemoonset.jpg.html

Mark Prins
Inanda Images