• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rolleiflex Hy6 system views

Theodore Diehl

Hello all,
It was great to see Thierry's Sinar Hy6 shots, and it of course prompted me to post shots of the new Hy6 I just picked up recently. I hope to have saved enough to get the Sinar 54LV for it later this year. For the time being, it is back to film, which is really, really interesting to return to. The time and energy it requires makes it feel like going back to school again, and becoming conscious again of all the details making a good photo requires.
Six rolls of (B+W) film are being developed; if anything comes out well enough to scan, I shall try to post it in a few weeks time.

Overall 3/4 front view:
2-1.jpg

Viewfinder:
3.jpg

The hand grip information display can be toggled between two views; basic and extended:
Basic hand grip display (LCD protector not removed yet!):
4.jpg

Full display info:
L1010089.jpg

<<<TO BE CONTINUED WHEN THE SITE WILL ALLOW ME TO POST MORE INFORMATION!!!!!>>>

Last edited:
Hello all,
It was great to see Thierry's Sinar Hy6 shots, and it of course prompted me to post shots of the new Hy6 I just picked up recently. I hope to have saved enough to get the Sinar 54LV for it later this year. For the time being, it is back to film, which is really, really interesting to return to.

Hi Theodore,

Exciting, I'd love to learn more of your experiences. I still have a Rollei SL66, too bad that AFAIK the lenses can't be used on the Hy6. It would make the initial investment a bit more low-threshold, although knowing myself the lenses would be replaced by more modern versions (over time).

It'll be interesting to learn how the Hy6 performs with film (flatness, etc.). Is the film advance motorized, or manual?

You will be able to use the full 56x56mm surface to record your image, and you don't need to rotate between landscape and portrait orientation, which is a bonus. Are you going to scan the film, or print directly?

<<<TO BE CONTINUED WHEN THE SITE WILL ALLOW ME TO POST MORE INFORMATION!!!!!>>>

If by "the site" you mean OPF, posting more information is even encouraged!!

Thanks sofar,
Bart

Theodore Diehl

Motorized back

Hello Bart,
Yes the back is motorized, indeed. The only back available right now is 4.5x6, but I understand that there is a 6x6 back coming out very soon. It was easy to work with (load) once I got the hang of it ;-)

The OPF forum won't allow me to post the continuation for some bizarre reason; I suspect you can only post 4 pics a day per thread????
Will try tomorrow!
Theo

The OPF forum won't allow me to post the continuation for some bizarre reason; I suspect you can only post 4 pics a day per thread????

4 pics per post, to avoid bandwidth issues (and it's usually enough to get a point across), also downstream for readers with slow (e.g. dial-up) access. But when you split your images to sets of 4 per post, there should be no issue, especially when they are so illustrative as yours. You may want to reduce the size a little, to say 800 pixels in the long dimension to spare those with bandwidth limitations, unless it's needed e.g. to keep printed stuf legible, or for panoramas, etc.. It'll all make the thread load faster (unless each post and reply contains 4 images ;-) ).

Bart

Theodore Diehl

Hi Bart,
Pics are same sizes as first set, also max. 4...But each time I get this message on my browser:
Precondition Failed
The precondition on the request for the URL /forums/newthread.php evaluated to false.

It seems I am not allowed to post anything else for some reason...
Theo

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Bart,
Pics are same sizes as first set, also max. 4...But each time I get this message on my browser:
Precondition Failed
The precondition on the request for the URL /forums/newthread.php evaluated to false.

It seems I am not allowed to post anything else for some reason...
Theo
Hi Theo,

There are no restrictions, other than the fact that per single post, you can link up to a maximum of 4 images. You need to use the IMG tags like this:
HTML:
[IMG]http://www.example.com/yourpic.jpg[/IMG]

You have to upload your images to a host server first, obviously. I hope this helps.

Theodore Diehl

Hi Cem,
Yes, of course, I have already done that for the first posting!
I have no problem posting, as the first mail shows....
The problem is somewhere else..
But thanks for thinking along :0)
Ciao,
Theo