• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

D200 Rotatamation

Jim Galli

One thing about my D200 that's driving me nuts is how it rotates the photos shot in portrait or tall mode. Whether the Rotate Tall command in the menu's is turned "on" or "off" the stuff I shoot in portrait mode is auto rotated when I open in CS3 but windows sees them as sideways in Explorer. So it's very confusing. If I attach from windows to an email, the pic is sideways. If I open in CS3 to rotate, it's already rotated. Does this make sense to anyone. I'm not sure what to do. I guess if the "rotate tall" command isn't going to be recognized in Windows it would be best to not have it at all.

Jim Galli

Sorry, answered my own question over at Ken Rockwell's site. The goofy thing has 2 rotatamate options. One in playback and one in tools. They both have to be off. You mods can delete me if you like. This may not have much value.

Ray West

Hi Jim,

possibly worth leaving something, i expect it has caught out a few others, too.

Best wishes,

Ray