• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi from the Iron Flatline

Yaron Lenard

Good morning from Berlin to all of you.

A quick introduction. Usually I go by the name of The Iron Flatline. I have been an active member of various online photo communities for some time, as well as the photoblogger's world. I'm excited to have found a new community, esp. one that goes by real names and subsequently brings some civility to a creative and intelligent pursuit.

Some of my work can be seen at my blog The Western Flatline, and some of it (gasp!) at Flickr...

Kind regards,

Yaron

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yaron,

Welcome here. This is I hope a sanctuary for the ridiculous, the impossible and the better nature of us all.

I like your photographs from airports and people arriving to kids cycling past a ruin of a great lost culture in Cambodia. You do have a flair for finding color and this is delivered in the large perhaps straw shallow trays of fruit and the rich redness of meat widely laid out for sale.

I realize that you do &W as well as color and use the M8 Leica. That is perfect for both, although I expect, from a lot of the market scenes, the Sigma DP1 would also be a great daylight choice for you. Its almost as if one gets a free camera with a 28mm lens!

Asher

Yaron Lenard

Thanks for the welcome.

I also have a Leica D-Lux 3, which I do not like.... once it has gone the way of all of our previous P&S cameras (dropped in jacuzzi, dropped in toilet, dropped in chocolate milk, left in taxi, gifted to nanny) I will probably get the DP1. TBD... I want to take a closer look at the Canon G9 as well as the Ricoh GR2 as well.

Love my M8 though, I have to admit.

B&W is still a bit trial and error for me. I find that some of the images work better that way... but that I have a lot left to learn about the conversion process. But hey, continued learning is part of the fun.