• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ASCII codes and copyright question

I am a bit puzzled, may be one of you can explain this to me. How can I generate the copright sign, the c in a circle, over my qwerty keyboard?

I can generate any signs like the backslash for example via ASCII codes by pressing a combinatiojn of keys and numbers, such as ALT 47 which equals /

But there is no ASCII for copyright, so how do I get that?

janet Smith

pro member
Good Morning Georg

I use Alt + ctrl + C or if you go into word > insert > symbol you will find it in the symbols and will be able to set up your own shortcut.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
alt+G at least on the Mac!

Now tell me how I make an circumflex or umlaut and other European symbols?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
alt+G at least on the Mac!

Now tell me how I make an circumflex or umlaut and other European symbols?

Asher
Hi Asher

In the top bar of the finder, under the flag (I guess yours is US;-) you may select some items "show font palette" and "show keybord…" Sorry I have a French system, translation is approx but should drive you to the right tools!

Ray West

or cut and paste, drag and drop, whatever, saves key strokes, and brain cells.

icon14.gif

or cut and paste, drag and drop, whatever, saves key strokes, and brain cells.

Or, on Windows, use the Character Map from the Accessories/System Tools which also gives you all the other ASCII codes and offers the possibility to copy and paste them. The © (ALT+0169) becomes easy to rmember when you use it enough, as do the € (ALT+0128) currency sign and the é (ALT+0233).

Bart