• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Erin

Few shots from Sunday...

1: Orange wrap:

291160474_KoaiS-XL.jpg

2: Lady in chains:

291160565_jzr5T-XL.jpg

3: I'm coming up:

291160674_f7Ac8-XL.jpg

4: Hanging in there:

291160788_TiTBm-XL.jpg

.. to be continued ...

Wonderful series, Nik. The color contrasts and those between the the model's poses and the industrial context accord perfectly. Best work by you I've seen on OPF to date.
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some don't work well for me, because the idea does not transcend the technique.

However two stand out. These are # 4 & 6, your best work to date The 4th for it's total interest and the other, the 6th for its crude confrontation of her body, with every curve, sensuous or not, presented as if teasing to mate. Crude almost vulgar but it works for me! The idea dominates not how it was made.

I look for the work being some whole "unit of art" so to speak, as if there could ever be such a thing. By that I mean that the piece has in its entirety a sense that it is a whole idea and it lives. I'm impressed. You're moving!

Asher

Some don't work well for me, because the idea does not transcend the technique.

However two stand out. These are # 4 & 6, your best work to date The 4th for it's total interest and the other, the 6th for its crude confrontation of her body, with every curve, sensuous or not, presented as if teasing to mate. Crude almost vulgar but it works for me! The idea dominates not how it was made.

I look for the work being some whole "unit of art" so to speak, as if there could ever be such a thing. By that I mean that the piece has in its entirety a sense that it is a whole idea and it lives. I'm impressed. You're moving!

Asher

Asher,
as always, I appreciate the time and thoughts you put in your critique.
Thank you very much!

I guess we're on our way to solidify "how to impress your friends with your photography sklills" rules-of-thumb:

1) find beautiful (and very experienced) model
2) find an impressive (as well as little known and hard-to-get-in) location
3) make sure she's dressed beautifully (or not wearing much at all:)
4) spend some $$ on dozens of yards of nice chiffon
5) wait for the good light to settle in
6) shoot away

Pretty simple, huh;-)?