• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Ruin

42c540e8335ef14372998a78458483776g.jpg

cd898d91d66639ed2b8091f412c90dd06g.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Bear,

It seems that there are only ruins to be found over there in Ireland ;-).

My initial reaction is, I like the negative look a bit better (edit on hindsight: no, I actually don't like it better after all).

But let me ask you first, why don't you apply your own "signature" look to these pictures (i.e. punchy, saturated colours in deep blue, brown and orange tints)? I would like to see a version like that please.

Cheers,

PS (edit): Hey folks, did you notice how mind blowing/stunning Georg's conversion has turned out to be? Amazing!

Last edited:
...because I am having fun with Tiffen DFX ;)

I think I am going to buy that plugin, I really like it!

Oh.... drumroll! Gratulation Cem, your post #1.000 ;) I am honored you used it on my pic.

Hmmm, then again, you could have said how mindblowing stunning my conversion turned out to be, something like that you know, really! LOLOLOLOL

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Ted Bear
I'm with Cem on the color/style comments… sorry!

Otherwise, you haven't embedded any color space in your image… I downloaded one and converted it to sRGB, look at the difference!

Yours:______________________________________________________________________________________________same but converted to sRGB
42c540_bear_orig.jpg
42c540_bear_sRGB.jpg

Sorry I cropped white margin both on side for them to fit side by side…

So what you post is not necessarly what we see…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Georg,

Please look again at the edges of the stone. I would love you to select the edges, add a 5 pixel feather and blend back 50% or so of the original with the same color palette. The value of the picture gets stolen by over-sharp edges, for edges naturally soften by interference with light waves.

In composition, I miss the milieu of the setting. So I'd like it wider, then the idea of the ruin on the landscape not only is shown but transcends the particulars.

Just points to look out for. Otherwise I of course really like the pictures.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Georg

I really like what you have done with this shot of the ruin, perfect treatment which enhances the feel of desolation, desertion and foreboding. Very dramatic, well done!