• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cypress Hills of Tuscany?

Cem_Usakligil

...not exactly ;-)

cypress-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cem,

I saw your title and the picture and immediately it resonated. This reminds me of a painter David Sharir who simplifies his subjects, boiling them down to basic shapes.

I thought that this picture would garner responses immediately so held back my reply. However, I can see people must be inhibited by the subject which may require thinking more abstractly.

I'll wait a little longer, but just say what you feel and think. You don't need to be an art genius!

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Cem

Is it a roof? do the tree shaped decorations have a purpose? Have you tried it in B & W, could work well with the strong shapes and textures

Anyway it's fun and I like it....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Janet,

Look up some scenes in Tuscany and in particular the region of Sienna. That color is iconic.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

...not exactly ;-)

cypress-1.jpg

Hi Cem,

I think this is great, but haven't a clue what it is!! At my previous workplace we had a lot of pictures by David Henderson on the walls, inclduing some work from Tuscany. The reference is very clear though - similar shape structure and colours - it could be a ploughed field running up to a tree line at eventide...

I look forward to reading Ashers comments on the trees:)

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem,

I think this is great, but haven't a clue what it is!! At my previous workplace we had a lot of pictures by David Henderson on the walls, inclduing some work from Tuscany. The reference is very clear though - similar shape structure and colours - it could be a ploughed field running up to a tree line at eventide...
Hi Mike, and all the others who were kind enough to react :)

Your summary of what it looks like -a ploughed field running up to a tree lined hilltop- is exactly the image I have tried to create.

This is the rooftop of a car park (which is around one km from my home), the green structures are (ornamental) lamps. I think that their height is around 1.5 meters. When switched on, they emit a very green light so much so that they disturb our daughter in her attic room. She calls it light pollution (LOL).

The original picture was very noisy with dull colours so I have created this Sienna coloured look in PS. Further, the picture is as is, no crops or cloning.

Thanks for looking.

Five trees located on a ridge on a hot summers day....

....You were walking for long hours in the blazing hot Tuscany sun, but you decide to climb up nevertheless and looking over the ridge you spot an old Tuscany vineyard.

Sangiovese grapes as far as the eyes can see, it's buildings stand there since longer than you are on the planet, sun bleached walls, olive trees, the gentle evening breeze creates a whispering sound in the gras fields beside the house.

An old man with a straw hat sits in front of the house under a sunshade, children are playing and laughing, the evening is approaching, and you are looking forward to a generous amount of Montepulciano, Olives, Ciabatta and Goats Cheese....

;)

Yummy!

Very nice work Cem, like it a lot!