• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tina Mae, part I

White dress.

1:
298362932_Ckqmb-XL.jpg

2:
298363018_VZYPm-XL.jpg

3:
298362974_JU7ov-XL.jpg

Tech info:
Canon 40D, EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS USM, PW
ISO 100, f/4, 1/200s
Striplight on the camera right, silver 3x4 reflector on the camera left, hair light with a tight snoot up & behind the model.

Coming up: black dress:)
297566025_6v6EF-L.jpg

Enjoy!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolai

This, my friend is where she shines and is at home:

297566025_6v6EF-L.jpg

Yes, as you know, I can have strong opinions. From what I've seen so far anyway, she is miscast in the initial "warming up" pictures.

Tina Mae is more elegant than sensual and the first picture told me "Get her a long dress and a fine high room." She is probably best for the upper end of images with great settings where she and the environment talk to each other. I believe it's very important to cast the model in the right roll. Here she is at home. Of course, I'd like to see her better.

Can you give her a long gown? You would surprise her with her best pictures ever.

I really like the last picture. Could you allow my fantasy? Crop the bottom and each side, left more than right and repost it larger, not so narrow to make a vertical panorama, just an unusual asymmetrical tall portrait, with as much of the chandelier as possible?

Asher

Thanks for sharing.

Asher

Nikolai

This, my friend is where she shines and is at home:

Yes, as you know, I can have strong opinions. From what I've seen so far anyway, she is miscast in the initial "warming up" pictures.

Tina Mae is more elegant than sensual and the first picture told me "Get her a long dress and a fine high room." She is probably best for the upper end of images with great settings where she and the environment talk to each other. I believe it's very important to cast the model in the right roll. Here she is at home. Of course, I'd like to see her better.

Can you give her a long gown? You would surprise her with her best pictures ever.

I really like the last picture. Could you allow my fantasy? Crop the bottom and each side, left more than right and repost it larger, not so narrow to make a vertical panorama, just an unusual asymmetrical tall portrait, with as much of the chandelier as possible?

Asher

Thanks for sharing.

Asher

Asher, you're absolutely correct, this batch is only a warmup (which she pulled very nicely IMHO). It gets (much) better to the end (we shot 9 different looks), but hey, I have to sell first volumes, too:)

Long gown : you just wait, we'll get to that ;-)
Hint: think "Lady in Red" ;-)

Long narrow portrait out of this "setup" snapshot: interesting fantasy, I'll play with it tonight, I have some ideas:)

As always, your attention and time is highly appreciated!

Shane Carter

Hi Nikolai. Nice stuff. A few suggestions. the snoot is not working for a hairlight...it looks like a flashlight on a spot on her head. Something wider and more diffuse would have a more uniform look.

The board lighting set up is not flattering to her, espcially in the third one. Try short lighting and fill on the front.

I'm finding the hand in the third to be akward and too much tilt of the head.

No right or wrong with these...just some thoughts. :)

Hi Nikolai. Nice stuff. A few suggestions. the snoot is not working for a hairlight...it looks like a flashlight on a spot on her head. Something wider and more diffuse would have a more uniform look.

The board lighting set up is not flattering to her, espcially in the third one. Try short lighting and fill on the front.

I'm finding the hand in the third to be akward and too much tilt of the head.

No right or wrong with these...just some thoughts. :)

Shane, thank you for your comments!

1) Snoot. Yeah, I know. I have two DIY snoots, one's too wide, this one's too tight. All I need is to make a third one (it takes like 5 minutes:), but I'm still trying to figure out how to make a universal variable one...:)

2) In this scenario color version is only a medium. Shoot intention was to produce dramatic BWs, hence I opted for more contrasty strip. During the post I decided to create nice color versions first and only then go to BW.

3) No right or wrong:)

Thanks again!