• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enigma

This is an interesting challenge to me. I see the color. I see the composition. But I'm not presenting it the way I'd like to present it. I like it, but I hate it. What's wrong? I guess it's just an almost good shot that's lousy.

Volterra.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Howard
what's wrong?
To me, the general image quality is really poor: quite noisy, lacking of details…
I also would have cropped to get more in depth into the field and the sheeps…

But that's only me! Thanks for sharing!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Howard,

Is this near you? If so go back and redo this with the camera on a tripod. What imaging did you use. Is this film or what digital and what lens and shot details of shutter speed and aperture.

Asher

Thanks for the input. I'm afraid this was a scene in Italy where there could have been a good shot, but I waited for twenty to thirty minutes before going for it. The light was then totally different, etc. I guess I was just trying to save something that had long passed. The image goes in the dumper. Cheers.