• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pretty in Pink

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
This is one for this week's efforts..

301033069_g37LV-M.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

A bit late to the party

Hi Kathy,

I don't know how this could have happened but we must all have overlooked this one apparently.

It's a beautiful little fairy (is that what she is?). I like the composition and her pose, well done. A very nice picture IMO.

As you know I have no real studio experience so my next question is not meant as a criticism. I was just wondering about her right eye (which is in the dark). Optically, it looks as if her right eye is larger than her left one. How would one tackle something like this?

Thanks for showing.

Cheers,

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Yes

Ah - yes, you are right, Cem. I am guessing it is because the slight angle from the camera that they eye is appearing larger combined with the shadow created by the light. To fix it would require some extensive PS work by replacing the eye or slightly enlarging the right eye, I think. Some dodging and burning and changing the shadow some. I will have to think about that. Studio work is still somewhat new for me and I learn new things every day. Thank you for looking.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Kathy,

We have a whole bunch of retouch artists here. how about giving them a challenge to strut their stuff. Just give them the top half of the face. They have to repair the eye without altering the skin.

Asher