• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just Grass

StuartRae

I took advantage of some decent weather this morning to trim the hedge, in the process making many small creatures homeless. I just wish they hadn't taken refuge down the front of my shirt.

After throwing all the bits and pieces back into the garage, taking care not to damage my beloved Bonnie, I grabbed a couple of bits of grass on the way back into the house. (Note to self: mow the lawn before the pygmies revolt).

So what do you think? Is grass boring? Is there too much black background?

350D, EF-S 60mm Macro, f16, 5 sec, ISO 200

IMG_1613-01.jpg

350D, EF-S 60mm Macro, f5.6, 1/2 sec, ISO 200

IMG_1615-01.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Mike Shimwell

I'm a sucker for a black background and like it very much. Overall I prefer the second as the first seems slightly over saturated (to me at least) and the second has a lighter feel to the compostion.

Mike

Hello Stuart. I don't think grass is boring. It's just not as interesting as some other subjects. In this instance, I really like the second image. OK. Maybe the first one is boring to me but did I say I really like the second one? It shows some very nice colors and textures and I like the composition of the shot. The black is pleasant as well in this one. What kind of grass do you have there? I think my wife might leave me if I let ours get that long:)
James