• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Pano of Earthy Brush

Heather,

I am puzzled by your "Pano of earthly bush." I have been staring at it and wondering what you are trying to convey? I saw your website and obviously you know how to make a photograph. This one is moody and dark. So contrasty that on my screen it is literally black with a grey-smudged wall. The contrasty composition is interesting in a way, with branches escaping the scene on the left. Is that symbolic? Intentional?

What am I missing?

-Nat

Nat. I'm worried about what you're seeing. I see no grey in my photo at all. To me it's in the tones of dark tans to darker browns. It is a deep shot. I liked the prickles of the branches and those are what drew me in. I enjoy textures. Them falling off to the side of the photograph was intentional, but to tell you why would be tough. Creating is a process for me that is at times unexplainable with reason.

If it puzzled you enough to be interesting and seek out this further information then I think it did it's job!

Thank you for the response.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nate,

I see a delicately toned background with a more solid looking plant. Here, the background with it's lines and fine patina balances the plant in an asymmetrical composition.

Heather,

I would have included the whole plant with background to the left and much more blank background. If one is going to do this, then go for it! Try it and you might be surprised!

Asher