• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grizzly

Jaime Johnson

Taken Yesterday.

Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 500mm - Gitzo/Wimberley

053108-Grizz-03.jpg

Having climbed a lot in Alaska and knowing a bit about these "cuties", I hope that was taken with a 100,000 mm telephoto. A grizzly's bad enough, but a grizzly with her cub? Egad!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
So where in AK?

Where in Alaska were you lucky enought to capture that...a 500mm still doesn't give you enough room to run! We got really close to a few Grizzlies just outside Whittaker last year...but they were semi-captive and there was a good fence separating us...and more big white lenses on tripods then there were tourists.

I love the way it shows the tender and caring aspect of a grizzly and her cub!

Looks like a small female to me, or pretty young herself may be?

In opposite to what people often believe avbout grizzlys with cubs, the female will avoid confrontations at all costs, only when forced or cornered she will risk a fight.

Much more dangerous are solitude male grizzlys, you most definately want to keep your distance from them, same counts for all bears of course, for the bears sake that is. ;)