• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Why do you do your fine art ?

David Sommars

Do you view is as art ? What do you think about when your shooting it ?

I'm just trying to get a dialogue going around like minded artists.

Maybe we can inspire ourselves ?

for me, its kinda weird, I jut love to put on headphones and go out and shoot at night.
started as a kid I guess, always roamed around after dark.
I think about all sorts of things, but most stress leaves me as I shoot.
Its not a recreational kind of high, its beyond that.
I feel sorta "at one" with the night..

Charlotte Thompson

What a great idea using headphones....I had Arabian show horses and when riding and training them I always used headphones with the best hot music I could find...gave an extra energy to the beautiful work outs and training for shows
but for photos...yes! excellent idea I will definitly incorporate into my art..
I think of art as "seduction" if it doesn't seduce the emotions then for me it just isn't art...
also I am a writer/poet which also engages the genre of photography..
I love how you like to roam at night and feel the oneness..that's poetic and also very vampireish*
I also love the night..it's dark and light quality involved with the metaphor vampire..what a great muse you have inspired in me...this thread..thank you
I think as artists we feed off each other and grow. I looked at some of your work...brava*
love how you play the colors of night. I am not a camera tech at all.. I mostly fly by the seat of my pants and feel the art...see the seductions of different venues..and learn..shoot..play...color..etc.
now to find my ipod!

Charlotte

Last edited:

David Sommars

thats so cool ! glad it will inspire you ...

Im loading up some electronic stuff for tonight,

ie.. moby, trentmoller, daft punk.........