• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

broncolor head (Blue) on Elinchrom light modifier?

Erie Patsellis

pro member
Anybody ever done this? It seems doable, I've been offered a 27x72 Elinchrom strip bank too cheap not to snap up (<$200) and while I'm handy, I don't have a full metal fabrication shop anymore. (though I could call some favors if I needed to). Any been there, done that opinions?

erie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What's special about the head you want to use? Is it that you already own it or it has special characteristics better than Why not use all Elinchrom?

Asher

Johan Combrink

I am not sure about the head in question, but my bron mobil light has been fitted with a cheap 2 meter octo and works like a charm.

Erie Patsellis

pro member
What's special about the head you want to use? Is it that you already own it or it has special characteristics better than Why not use all Elinchrom?

Asher

Well, I own 3 broncolor packs and 5 heads, and just getting back into commercial work (and not desiring to carry any debt, as well) I will be making do, when it gets here it'll either work easily, or I'll sulk off to a friends machine shop and fabricate the neccesary parts.

One of the things I'm really struggling with is the fact tha buying and selling used equipment is my only source of disposable income for photography, as my regular income is low enough that I could qualify for numerous government financial assistance, but they all come with strings attached and would affect my wifes financial aid for school, in some cases a rather severe net negative end result so I don't see that as an option. Going back to school next fall means that anything I can do to reduce the montly cost of living, short term and long term, is a good thing.

I've gotten this far by selling off what I don't use, buying and selling and sheer bull headedness. We both drive pieces of crap and have no debt. Not to pat myself on the back, toot my own horn, but to give some that may have the wrong perception of me, and my resources a more realistic picture.

erie

Johan Combrink

I do not have a picture...but can try make a plan to take one tonight. these new chinese products really work well and at around $200 for a 2m octo, you cannot ask for more.

Erie Patsellis

pro member
well, I've succeeded on one front, physically mounting the head to the soft box. due to the lack of a bracket on the soft box (removed by the previous, previous owner)

I swapped a few things around to mount the box to the head, not ideal, as there is about a 1 stop difference in brightness across the face, but far more convenient for the shoot I have Tuesday than a handful of scrims, stands and gobos to block the light. Next step will be to mount the head as it was originally designed by elinchrom and fabricate up a mounting/tilt/rotate bracket to mount onto a stand.

erie