• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Taking a break

Jon Mark

My two-year old wears out his old man. I thought the tables were turned as he took a break on the stairs. Too bad it was just for a moment, as he was off again.

Using my 70-200L IS for the first time. 1/320 f4 and ISO 400.

Jacob%2023months-140-Edit.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome! Cheers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Where do I get a copy of that T-Shirt? Great shot.
Me too! Where do they come from?

Great kid and I love the pose. Since I love this, he's my suggestion for how I might approach preparing this for printing. This image gets more zap with the face and shirt lightened and an S-curve applied as well as sharpened a little. The rest of the image can be left as is or the steps could even by blurred as a final touch.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Jon Mark

Thanks for the comments Asher! As for the shirt, one can purchase at a store called The Children's Place. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was a fitting slogan!

Cem_Usakligil

... As for the shirt, one can purchase at a store called The Children's Place. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was a fitting slogan!
Bummer! We need them in adult sizes for some of our regulars who will want to have one ;-)

Great picture Jon. Did you do any PP? Especially some soft focus filters combined with LCE?

Cheers,

Jon Mark

Hi Cem,

I looked for the adult size, but they didn't have any. When I asked, the lady at the counter smiled and politely mentioned that it was meant for children...

I did some minor PP -- cropped, portraiture plugin for skin softening, selective sharpening, and smoothing with photokit plugin. In reality, not much.

Saw you post on the 70-200L a while back. I too contemplated the 4L IS, but went with the 2.8L IS since I foresee shooting in low light with my son in the future. Cheers!