• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Navaho Sandstone

I have recently reviewed a few pictures from a southwest trip made in 2005. I am finding that I have more subtle control of color with Lightroom than I did with previous raw converts. Hope some enjoy this.

-Nat

1328MG_0406-web.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nate,

These rock formations are so stunningly impressive and as equally difficult to show in anything but a huge print, so the picture you provide is really a small measure of what the picture will be like mounted and hanging on the wall. The tough thing is to show variations in rock hues which are very subtle. The gradations may not survive sRGB and jpg too well.

I do think, that for the sake of the web, at least, some local contrast enhancement, say unsharp masking of 20% with 40 pixels wide and 2 levels or so would add some dimensionality which will not be necessarily needed in printing.

Thanks for sharing and taking us on your travels.

Asher