• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Problem with EL-SkyPort

I've bought Elinchrom EL-SkyPort Universal Kit. It works good with my Canon 580 II flash. But yesterday I tried it with Hensel studio heads and it didn't trigger them. I've tried it on 6 Hensel heads. I checked cable that Elinchrom put in the box on Hensel head by short cutting minijack-jack adapter with metal part. When I do this flash is trigged. So cable is fine.

What to do? Any body had same problems?

Hi,
It should work the same way as with your 580EX.
Please try to remove the battery, wait for 10 seconds and replace it and try again.

Does it trigger from the test button ?

I went to a shop where I had bought it. Tried it on their flashes, tried new skyport , it didn't work only on big-jack sinc socket. So we found out it was faulty adapter.

Today I'll find out how it works on Hensel again :)