• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stairway to another dimension

Cem_Usakligil

C&C welcome, as usual :)

sf-06.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cem,

An excellent concept and a provocative title. I like the feeling that the repeating pattern of converging wood brings our eyes to the same bright area. I'd even consider going far brighter in the bright area! This is light from God or some superpower!

Asher

Are there others in this series? :)

Hi,

I like the effect and geometrical conception. I don't really understand what is the background (a mirror ? a picture ? the outside ?) but it is part of the concept i presume.

Cem,

I am intregued by this shot and I think it would capture my attention every time if put up on a wall or in a hall.

Your shot has left me puzzled. Yes, the lines draw to the light and make me look at the subject in the light and the symetry is perfect but on second or third look my eyes start to be drawn to the reflections in the darker area's top right and left. Would the picture become even stronger if these would be darkened or blacked out? Would it still be a true representation? Do the mounts in the middle of handrail make it more real picture or do they disturb the clean lines?

In the end I guess I would keep it as is. The reflections and details add to the picture and give it a (in my opinion) natural balance. Maybe (probably) I am over analysing but I think it is a remarkable shot!

Martin

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem,

An excellent concept and a provocative title. I like the feeling that the repeating pattern of converging wood brings our eyes to the same bright area. I'd even consider going far brighter in the bright area! This is light from God or some superpower!

Asher

Are there others in this series? :)
Hi Asher,

I am glad that you've liked this concept. There are more pictures indeed, but I think that this is the best one. BTW, no wood there, it is all marble (polished and acting as a mirror) and granite (which you must have thought that it might be wood).

I'll further refine this picture once I can get down to processing the thousands of pictures I took in the past 3 week ;-)

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil

Hi,

I like the effect and geometrical conception. I don't really understand what is the background (a mirror ? a picture ? the outside ?) but it is part of the concept i presume.
Hi Cedric,

The background is a computer generated view of a rooftop terrace, projected by a beamer onto a wall in a darkish space.The middle part is what is actually seen from my position. The side parts are near perfect reflections of the middle part in the mirror like polished marble surfaces.

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

I am intregued by this shot and I think it would capture my attention every time if put up on a wall or in a hall.

Your shot has left me puzzled. Yes, the lines draw to the light and make me look at the subject in the light and the symetry is perfect but on second or third look my eyes start to be drawn to the reflections in the darker area's top right and left. Would the picture become even stronger if these would be darkened or blacked out? Would it still be a true representation? Do the mounts in the middle of handrail make it more real picture or do they disturb the clean lines?

In the end I guess I would keep it as is. The reflections and details add to the picture and give it a (in my opinion) natural balance. Maybe (probably) I am over analysing but I think it is a remarkable shot!

Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for your kind comments. I, too, like this one a lot. It was my intention to evoke the kind of reactions as has been given so far. In that sense, it is a successful picture. I will still work on it and see if it can be improved.

Cheers,