• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who Owns a Nikon 35-70 F2.8 Zoom?

doug anderson

I've heard good things about it, but am suspicious of zooms after my 18-200 kit lens, which was terrible.

My 17-35 F2.8 is terrific, so I'm optimistic about the 35-70.

I've heard good things about it, but am suspicious of zooms after my 18-200 kit lens, which was terrible.

My 17-35 F2.8 is terrific, so I'm optimistic about the 35-70.

It's not been tested there yet, but it may be worthwhile to keep an eye out for this link. Their test results confirm my experiences with lenses I (have) own(ed). Their test of the 18-200 confirms your opinion, it seems to be usable at the wide end after closing the aperture 2 stops, but suffers at other settings.

Bart