• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Competition entries

Rhys Sage

pro member
I'm entering a competition. It's a fairly large competition. I have a couple of photos I'm planning to enter. I don't really care about wowing the judges. I just want to use this as advertising.

Here are some fairly low-res copies of what I'm thinking of submitting. Have you any suggestions as to how to make these wowable for the general public.

Ohio002.jpg

WashingtonDC002.jpg

I gather B/W goes down well as does highly-saturated colour.

Has anybody any winning ideas?

Ken Tanaka

pro member
What's the nature of the competition? Is it themed? Does it have guidelines?

Aside from those questions, I would consider skipping that first image. Exposure and focus are both way off and the composition is not at all compelling.

Rhys Sage

pro member
What's the nature of the competition? Is it themed? Does it have guidelines?

Aside from those questions, I would consider skipping that first image. Exposure and focus are both way off and the composition is not at all compelling.

Actually I have several photos of that first subject. It's a lot sharper on the full-sized version. The exposure is OK - the web version is a bit off.

I think I might do one of the close-ups of the wagon but in sepia.

The Vietnam wall image is one that sells. I might just zonk the saturation a bit to make it more cheerful and happy.

The actual competition rules...

None... Just submit two images. It's for the State Fair. I don't give a rats backside whether I win or not. I just need the free advertising gained by entering.