• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some snaps from Paris

Cem_Usakligil

Please let me have your C&C, as usual....

1. Faire pénitance
repent-1.jpg

2. Le déjeuner
salondethe.jpg

3. Un tableau intéressant
makingpictures-1.jpg

4. Faites vous une photo
makingpictures-2.jpg

Cheers,

Please let me have your C&C, as usual....

In one word: Excellent!

This is high quality street photography. Composition, subject, technical execution, they all strengthen each other in real synergy.
I even don't mind that they are in black and white, they are fascinating enough to look at.

Thanks for sharing these last images, taken with your camera before it got damaged.

Bart

Last edited:

doug anderson

Cem: I like these very much. They do what good street photography does: they glimpse a mood, a moment, an implied narrative a since of the life before and after the frozen moment. The woman in the second shot looks absolutely predatory in her petite dejeuner. Is she American?

Cheers,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem: I like these very much. They do what good street photography does: they glimpse a mood, a moment, an implied narrative a since of the life before and after the frozen moment. The woman in the second shot looks absolutely predatory in her petite dejeuner. Is she American?

Cheers,

Doug
Cem,

Stunning! We're not supposed to say this! That's it! You have now defined your style. Black and white is rendered from color with satisfying distribution of tonalities providing a sense of unity between the pictures. Clarity in the hustle and bustle; freezing of truly empathetic and enduring moments.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Wait, there's more. Wendy, who as you know has extensive gallery experience immediately said, "Fabulous!" Tell him I think they're wonderful

Cem_Usakligil

If these are snaps, I must throw away my camera!

Asher
LOL, don't even consider it. One thrown away (i.e. actually dropped) camera per year is enough for us here in OPF ;-).

Thanks a lot for the kind compliments. Coming from you and especially Wendy I value them extremely.

Cheers,

Charlotte Thompson

Cem

ahhh to be in Paris-whoops I think I just have
the color is immediate
and beautiful
as are the true wonderings you have shown us-
brava-

Charlotte-

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cem
I won't repeat what others say, but these are truly good images (an image isn't a pict nor a snap!)…
Though, sorry to be the only one to have a "though" here, I'd like to seem them in colour. Paris is high in colourS (colour being a stone in the American language (they do say color, so poor!;-)

Thanks for sharing!

BTW funny is the comment of Doug, for the women having lunch, my first though was this one is not a Parisienne, she must be American… LoL)