• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Learning Flash

doug anderson

356471028_YPE6v-L.jpg

My stepdaughter. I turned the flash head straight up, and affixed a piece of plastic from a yogurt cup to the back of the head.

Anybody know any good books that are specifically about flash?

D

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
356471028_YPE6v-L.jpg

Anybody know any good books that are specifically about flash?

D

Julia Dean who teaches a course called "Mastering Your Flash" and "the Crash Flash Course" is writing a book that will be out later this year. I am on the list of photographers who will be contributing to the book since I have taken Julia's Crash Flash Course.

Neil Van Newkirk has a good website about flash www.planetneil.com

And for Canon users there is a very good book called Canon Speedlite System Digital Field Guide.

Rhys Sage

pro member
I have a book on the Canon speedlight system which is quite thorough. There's also the Blue Crane video series which is an interesting introduction.

Rhys Sage

pro member
The book is entitled "Canon Speedlight System" in the "Digital Field Guide" series, published by Wiley (wiley.com). ISBN 978-0-470-04528-2. Author J Dennis Thomas.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
The book is entitled "Canon Speedlight System" in the "Digital Field Guide" series, published by Wiley (wiley.com). ISBN 978-0-470-04528-2. Author J Dennis Thomas.

I posted that above - it's a really well done book. There are chapters devoted to not just speedlights but lighting and posing as well.