• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Sinar Hy6-65 Camera System and Hy6-s65r (31 MPx) Announced

For your information:

Sinar has announced today a new integrated MF digital camera system, the Sinar Hy6-65 (31 MPx) and a new camera + digital back, the Sinar Hy6 - s65r.

The main characteristics:

1. Sinar Hy6-65

- Fully Integrated MF camera system: with optimized communication between lens, camera body, digital engine, and software.

- On-Board image processing with internal "QuadCore Image Processing" (QCIP technology): First digital medium format cameras with completely integrated digital image processing on board.

- Future-oriented data storage: The high-speed data transfer of the Sinar Hy6 65 and Sinar Hy6-s65r allows for capturing images at fast capturing rates and storing them to CF card in RAW, DNG, and JPEG format or a combination of them .

JPEG images can be stored in 4 different file sizes and two compression rates. Thus, one is able to send low-resolution JPEGs to the art director or agency immediately after the shooting and process the selected high-resolution images later on.

- 3" bright display with 640 x 480 pixels (280 ppi), with automatic menu orientation, Images, histogram, sensitivity, on-board exposure warning, memory status, white balance.

- File size: 60 MB (DNG and Sinar RAW 16 bit), 181/90 MB (TIFF 48/24 bit)

- Capture rate: 1 image / sec.

- White Balance: Automatic, presets, manual.

- Data storage: High-Speed CF Card (4 GB UDMA CF card included),
alternatively also directly on hard disk via Firewire.

- Active cooling: ventilator.

- Power supply: one (two also possible) rechargeable lithium-ion battery 7.2 V, 2200 mAh.

- Operating time with battery: up to approx. 2000 exposures.

- Firewire interface: IEEE 1394b (800 Mbps, compatible with IEEE 1394a 400 Mbps).

- Capturing software: Sinar eXposure™ 6.1 or later.

- Operating systems: Mac OS X as of 10.4.11, Windows XP as of Service Pack 2, Windows Vista as of Service Pack 1.

- Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008

2. Sinar Hy6-s65r

- Same as above, but the camera digital back can be used on any other common MF camera with the corresponding adapter interface (Sinar m, Hasselblad V 500 series, Hasselblad H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II).

- Revolving Digital Back on the Sinar Hy6.

- Power supply: Two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries 7.2 V, 2200 mAh, for long-lasting operation.

- Live Video

- - Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008

3. Sinarback eSprit 65

- Single MF digital back, 31 MPx.

- Technical features: same as described above.

- Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008

Remarks:

- I have purposely not mentioned the ISO range of the above mentioned digital camera system and digital back, since I have no definitive information about it yet. I shall inform as soon I have it.

- Prices available at Photokina.

Here however some first images of these new products:

SinarHy6-65_General.jpg

SinarHy6-65_front_side.jpg

SinarHy6-65_Side1.jpg

SinarHy6-65_back.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
So few reactions on this news from Sinar! OPF is sleepy!

Maybe some of us are still in vacation, or working too hard to prepare the fall season, or worse: too busy and concerned about film photography;-)

This announcement is a great step in digital MF photography, for once a MF back sytem is open to other brands, many real new options are proposed… at first sight and read, here are the ones that held my attention:

- On-Board image processing with internal "QuadCore Image Processing" (QCIP technology): First digital medium format cameras with completely integrated digital image processing on board.

- storing them to CF card in RAW, DNG, and JPEG format or a combination of them.

- 3" bright display with 640 x 480 pixels (280 ppi)

- Data storage: alternatively also directly on hard disk via Firewire.

- Operating time with battery: up to approx. 2000 exposures.

- Firewire interface: IEEE 1394b (800 Mbps, compatible with IEEE 1394a 400 Mbps).

Sinar Hy6-s65r

- Same as above, but the camera digital back can be used on any other common MF camera with the corresponding adapter interface (Sinar m, Hasselblad V 500 series, Hasselblad H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II).

- Live Video

And for the more snobish of us, a black camera body

Can't wait Photokina and hear about the pricing! Maybe I better not go to Photokina!

Theodore Diehl

Great news but sure to be pricey!

Hi Nicholas,
Yes you are right on both counts: just back from vacation and have been shooting film! How did you know ;-) ?

The set up looks very interesting indeed, only one might wish a ventilator wouldn't be needed. However, I understand that you can't have all that digital power without the need for keeping the temperature down. The LEAF back's ventilator in any case is kinda noisy and blows in your face when using a prism, so I am curious how SINAR have solved that.

Interesting how the ergonomics have been rounded (in this rendition) and I suspect that the controls have been changed as well. Can't wait to see some pictures taken with this system!

Anyway, it will be way out of my budget, as I am still saving up for the digital back for my film Hy6. Hope SINAR won't forget developments for the little guys among us :)!

Congratulations Thierry!
Regards,
Theo

Theodore Diehl

Compatibility

Hi Thierry,
Maybe a silly question, but will the 65 back also work with a Rollei Hy6?
I am only asking because of the FirmWare aspect that you mention- and if it would have effects on info communication between existing Hy6 bodies and this new 65 back, although I can't imagine it would...
Cheers,
Theo

hi Theo,

Yes, all Sinarbacks working/fitting the Sinar Hy6 will also fit and work on the Rolleiflex model of the Hy6 (as well as on the Leaf AFi).

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry,
Maybe a silly question, but will the 65 back also work with a Rollei Hy6?
I am only asking because of the FirmWare aspect that you mention- and if it would have effects on info communication between existing Hy6 bodies and this new 65 back, although I can't imagine it would...
Cheers,
Theo