• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: "Oh Kids Are fun!" Call for Portraits with Flash. Kids enjoying it!!

Johan Combrink

Challenge: "Oh Kids Are fun!" Call for Portraits with Flash. Kids enjoying it!!

Some from the weekedn of the kids.....boy is my sisters and little monster is mine :D

kids_1.jpg

kids_3.jpg

Johan Combrink

The bokeh is due to the 135mm F2 lens, which I just love to bits. Thanks for taking a peek and the wonderful response Kathy :D , aint natural light just fun !!

Some from the weekedn of the kids.....boy is my sisters and little monster is mine :D

Lovely, the first one makes me smile as well, such fun they were having.
I would have cropped the portrait of your daughter a bit more at the top.

Is there a special reason you did them in Black and White?
It makes me wonder how the colors were, maybe the fun and bright colors could enforce eachother, maybe not.

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member

I have the 85 1.8 which works for me. I have the 50 1.2 which is also good. The next one is that 135 2.0 {sigh} - I guess it never ends.

I will have to go through my images to find some flash frozen kids...

Johan Combrink

Hiya Bart, thanks for taking a look and the comments.

I went for the black and white, as I hardly ever process my images that way, and wanted them for the house to hang on the wall, but the colour versions are super.....and here is one for you to view.

kids_41.jpg

I must say the 135mmm is almost always on my camera. The seperation it creates is simply for me. It is just that darn good for me. I also have a 85mm F1.8, nice as well, but with severe purple fringing IMO. The 50mm F1.4 I had was nice, but to limiting for me and too short.

I just found out that my mirror assembly on mt 1DsMKII seems to have gone, so I am rather sad now, and will head off to canon repair to try sort that out.....hope the pocket does not get hit too hard :(