• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rope

Shot at Ft. Ross, the old Russian settlement on the northern California coast.

I was unable to change the framing much because I was shooting hand-held through a barred window. I especially liked the quality of the light coming in through the door.

IMG_3798.jpg

Canon 30D w/ 17-85 f/4.5-5.6 IS USM @ 85 mm f/5.6 1/10 ISO 800 manual focus, manual exposure, RAW capture.

TJ Avery

I agree - nice light. It's somewhat directional, so you get a good sense of all the interesting textures in the wood and rope. I love the Earth-tone colors in this one. The brown bar or peg in the upper left that is between the camera and the rope is a little distracting, IMO. But I love the quiet mood and think it's an interesting shot.