• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

some of my trees!

Daniel Buck

Trees are a favorite subject for me, here are some of my favorite shots:

4x5_mulholland_06.jpg

4x5_mulholland_05.jpg

griffith_tree_03a.jpg

charmlee_8x10_01.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Daniel,

These are all remarkable! I love the texture of the bark and the movement in the limbs, especially image #3 which evokes the whirling movement of passionate dance.

griffith_tree_03a.jpg

It helps that I'm currently loaded! I'll have to return later on, to get a more sober view. But, hey it's pleasure right now!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Asher

BTW, These pictures show the fine detail and generous tonality that B&W film can deliver. This is pure unlimited texture with no estimations by algorithm as with digital. The amazing thing is that one can develop this film with a few trays and simple chemicals.

Daniel Buck

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

They're lovely shots, but I'd LOVE to see how they'd look in color, especially the second shot. =)
Today is your lucky day! By sheer coincidence, I happen to have taken a digital snap of the scene with my fuji point and shoot! I used to be somewhat in the habit of doing this, so I would at least have a record of the shot. In theory, so that if for some reason my negative was botched I would know if I liked the shot or not, and I could (hopefully) return later and re-shoot it.

4x5_mulholland_05_color.jpg