• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Avocet reflections..

Vivek Khanzode

Taken a few weeks ago now...

200808_0073.jpg

200808_0068.jpg

200808_0089.jpg

Full set here.... http://khanzode.net/public/2008/08/Avocets/

Nice captures, Vivek. Pleasing reflections, and I like the water droplets coming off the beak in the first.

Assuming you're interested in constructive criticism, I would crop the top image from the top and right hand side significantly, with a tad off the bottom as well. This would place the bird and reflection in the "power" area (using the rule of thirds). I might take a similar approach in the middle one, depending on whether or not this is a crop of the original. The composition in the last one looks pretty good as is.

Vivek Khanzode

Don

Thanks for the critique. I appreciate it. I also thought of cropping it that way and it seems that the majority of folks prefer the crop you mentioned. My PC has been down for a few days, I shall correct it and repost it.

-- Vivek

You're quite welcome. I've been participating more at NSN as well, and saw your post there, along with similar suggestions from the very capable photographers there.

Sorry about your PC problems - best of luck with that!