• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Whitetail in our yard today -

Jaime Johnson

092708-Scruffyy.jpg

Canon 1D MIII / Canon 500mm f4 / ISO 640 / f6.3 / 1/100th sec

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jaimie and Lisa,

So, what's the story leading up to this picture? Boulder Colarado is the only place I know where deer with such Bambi eyes can wander without being shot!

BTW, did you get other shots and might you have tried Highlight/Filter to open up the shadows a tad?

Asher

Jeff Donovan

Asher,

I was at a friends in upstate New York and as I was walking between rooms I noticed a young deer just a few feet from his back door. We took some shots through the window (which cause the deer to look at us immediately...he heard the shutter snap) and then I decided to open the door and go outside. We thought for sure he'd spook and run but he didn't until i took three or four steps closer (shoot....step....shoot...step...etc)

I'll get that one and a few other wildlife photos posted here soon