• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Under the bridge

With my new Lumix LX3 :

p1000899copy1gf4.jpg

Mike Shimwell

Cedric that's lovely. I don't even mind the deep shaows as the light through is so enticing and the silhouette of the girl is perfect. I really want to be able to zoom in on the full file to see everything that's going on in this scene.

If I didn't know better I'd rush out and buy an LX3 to improve my pictures! More seriously, do you find having the wide image displayed makes composition easier than thinnking about what you'll cut off the top and bottom?

Mike

Rachel Foster

I like this image a lot.

The light on the pedestrian emerging from the darkness tells an age-old story of hope and survival. The winding pathway reinforces that theme. The river next to the path adds interest and beauty, and the lines are seductive. The subtlety of the colors and the mist add interest and complexity, but paradoxically do not detract from its simplicity.

Nice.

Thanks for your comments.

More seriously, do you find having the wide image displayed makes composition easier than thinnking about what you'll cut off the top and bottom?

Yes, i agree with you : it is very much easier to directly make the picture with the final frame than to crop it later in Photoshop.

Cedric.

Gorgeous. But my question: May I ask why you left the orange thing on the left side?

Well... i don't really know ! I didn't notice this orange plastic bag when i shot the picture, and it didn't disturb me when i watched the picture with PS later. Maybe because i consider it as a realistic urban touch, i usually don't like to erase some details.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cedric,

This must be one of your best (which I have seen so far). Excellent picture.
All the elements are there:
- strong composition
- points of attention in the picture
- good quality light
- interesting scene
- etc, etc
I really like it :)

Cheers,