• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Need Advice With Bronica Speed Grip E

Albert Ramos

I've finally been able to dive into medium format after several years of interest. I have a Bronica ETRS and I recently acquired a used Speed Grip E for it. Before attaching the grip to the camera, I can see the winding connector turn when I stroke on the film winding lever. After attaching the grip to the camera, however, nothing happens when I stroke on the film winding lever (the attachment rod of the film winding crank does not turn). Please note that no film was loaded while I was doing this.

Is nothing happening (the attachment rod of the film winding crank does not turn) because I have not loaded any film? Or is the Speed Grip E that I bought broken? What normally happens when the film winding lever of the Speed Grip E is stroked with no film in the camera?

Thank you very much!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Albert,

Welcome to OPF. I hope you'll get some answers soon. In the meanwhile, why don't you drop by the "introduce yourself" forum and do just that? :)

Cheers,

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Is the camera cocked ready to shoot?

Start off by firing the shutter on the camera before you attach the winder.

It has been a long time since I sold my ERTSI (pre EOS D30) so it is hard to remember.

I seem to remember an interlock, then again that may have been for the power winder or SQAI.

Albert Ramos

Is the camera cocked ready to shoot?

Start off by firing the shutter on the camera before you attach the winder.

It has been a long time since I sold my ERTSI (pre EOS D30) so it is hard to remember.

I seem to remember an interlock, then again that may have been for the power winder or SQAI.
Yeah, tried that already. There's hardly any resistance or friction when I stroke the film winding lever and absolutely no movement at all. Looks broken, shucks!

Thanks BTW!