• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hybrid

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

I hope this post finds you all well!

Below is the result of a little mini project I've been working on.

Comments and critique more than welcome!

2937591934_f3e778d032.jpg

A large version can be viewed here

Many thanks,

Matt

Read about this shot and others at my Photoblog:

Imagespike

Matt,

At first I was a bit creeped out by this (it's just the way I am), but something about it does make me want to stare at it and study it... so I'd say your project is a success!

Matt Halstead

Matt,

At first I was a bit creeped out by this (it's just the way I am), but something about it does make me want to stare at it and study it... so I'd say your project is a success!

Many thanks for the comments Trudy. My intention was to create quite a dark/macarbe image so that fact that you were creeped out pleases my greatly!

Many thanks,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi guys,

I hope this post finds you all well!

Below is the result of a little mini project I've been working on.

Comments and critique more than welcome!

2937591934_f3e778d032.jpg

Hi Matt,

I am late to the show, I missed this earlier! Technically this is good enough to make one think, not what is wrong with the picture, but what tragic illness or catastrophe befell this person. Then we can see that there are two faces and they are at one with each other. One has to ask, "Are there two halves represented, each having the ipsilateral brain or the contralateral brain so that that side of the face would be controlled by the corresponding brain? Or, perhaps is there one person there but the face differences have no import? So we think in terms of identity and what it means to be represented by this outside layer of skin which might unfairly define us! for sure this brings up issues of the superficiality of judgement based on beauty. Still we're suckers for esthetics and the boy with the best looks gets the prom queen!

I have see many modifications of heads, but this is outstanding in that it is thought stimulating.

Asher