• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Trying to cacth autumn feel ...

Ossi Raimi

It's autumn her, so I took some pictures and try to show how I feel it....

#1; rotten fungi (after first frozy night)

full

#2; Wet leaves....

full

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome/needed...

Charlotte Thompson

Ossi

beautiful captures both of them
makes me hungry for Thanksgiving and turkey
my fav shot is the first one
mushrooms? lovely*

Charlotte

Ken Tanaka

pro member
These are nice images, Ossi. If I may offer a point to consider regarding the "rotten fungi" image...

You always want to be cognizant of shape and pattern. The human brain, when confronted with an unfamiliar image, immediately tries to find familiarity by looking first for familiar shapes and patterns. In the case of this image, it first screamed "Smiley Face Mushroom" to me. Taking at least one of the leaves off of the large cap would have prevented that.

Remember, as the famed artist and color theorist Josef Albers stated, "Shape always trumps color".

Nice work. I'd be very eager to see you take another swing at this "Autumn in Finland" theme by showing another image or two that really are rather unique to your climate, culture, and natural environment at this time of the year.