• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

gradient filter... and other filters too.. elements 6

im not real experienced with ps yet, and i do a lot of playing around with it, not knowing the "proper" way to use some of the tools. i posted a shot in another section and had used a gradient filter on this photo (i will post it here as well) in some c/c i was told that i probably hadnt used the filter properly. can anyone explain to me what the "proper" use of a filter is? when i added teh filter to this photo i created an adjustment layer, and within that layer i added teh filter, then when i was done i merged all the layers together....

here is the image...
antedit2.jpg

im also quite confused on the different types of gradient filters, with all but this one when i would click on a different type of gradient it would cover the whole image 100%... thinking on that now i wonder if that was an opacity thing... hmmm maybe...

also does anyone know how to change the color of the filter? so maybe instead of that peach color i could use a red, or blue, or etc...??

thank you

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kassandra,

The image, is of course impressive as we are programmed to be vulnerable to the open look from a child. That we we protect them. But it's not just that the child is in need of our protection. That's a generic feeling. Here there's something extra and that seems to be the human characteristic of being in wonder of things. These comments refer to the esthetics, not the technical. Without the former, the latter are just obsessional unimportant demands. However, to reach potential, we will need to get technically more harsh on you down the road. :)

I do like the effect which softens the image and without destroying it and a more vulnerable soft milieu for the face to reside. Make notes on what you do and then print out the picture and add comments to that in a red pen until it prints perfectly. BTW, clean the nostrils of hair etc! Work with a tiny brush with the dodge and burn tool to see what it does to give form to the lips.

In Elements go to Image in the tool bar and you will have a drop down selection for image size. Choose 600 pixels wide. That's all you need and replace the image you posted with that size. Otherwise the thread will slow down. We only use large images if we really need to for showing detail.

thank you asher, ive resized in ps, but for some reason my edit button for my original post is not there, so i cannot change it in the thread now... not sure why...

but here is the smaller version

100_4711copy.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

thank you asher, ive resized in ps, but for some reason my edit button for my original post is not there, so i cannot change it in the thread now... not sure why...
Hi Kassandra,

In OPF, one can edit one's own post only for a short period after creating it (I'm not sure how long this is but it is hours, not days). When that period has passed, posts cannot be edited any longer. If the posters want to add/remove/change things, they then have to create a follow-up post. This has been put into place with the thinking that the integral history and the time line of threads should not be invalidated by any changes.

HTH,

Cheers,

i CANNOT get the nose hairs to go away and not look like he has a nostril full of something yucky... i am really getting frustrated... i just cant get it today for some reason. ive been working on this image for a couple hours now, and its driving me nuts... not to mention its one of those pregnant emotional days to start with!!!

anyhow, i messed with the burn tool, had NO idea what i was doing, but think i figured it out a little... here is the result... i kept having the issue of his lips looking like really bad lipstick, but changed the opacity... so i dont know... what do you think?

antlipedit.jpg