• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Headless Relationship Accident

doug anderson

342670580_T8yoG-L.jpg

This is one of the first pictures I took when I got my D300 last spring. I'd not taken it seriously at the time (it was an accidental shot) but now I like the kind of mystery that grows up between the woman and the man carrying the guitar on the other side of the street, as if there is recognition or flirtation going on.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug,

The loss of the heads still allows the questions of what's going on, interest, fascination, recognition, hope, disappointment or just a casual glance. I'd ask if you might consider looking at developing more on the guitarist so he is the subject of interest.

I've copied this remarkable picture to the thread on "luck"'s role in photography, here.

doug anderson

Hi Doug,

The loss of the heads still allows the questions of what's going on, interest, fascination, recognition, hope, disappointment or just a casual glance. I'd ask if you might consider looking at developing more on the guitarist so he is the subject of interest.

I've copied this remarkable picture to the thread on "luck"'s role in photography, here.

I'd have to lighten him up a bit, I suppose.

D

I find it to be a very interesting and telling exposure. It's quite obvious that the young woman comes from a well off and affluent upbringing. The hint of a vaccination scar on her right arm is proof of that. She has a good sense of fashion and color coordination of accessories is important to her. Her designer handbag is overstuffed with unimaginable goodies and she flaunts it proudly yet keeps it wrapped tightly away from predators with her arm through the straps. The idea that just walking alone in this part of town could be considered dangerous to some, excites her senses. What lacy little frilly things might be in that bulging bag? She is wearing her breeding plummage for all to see so it's highly likely that the contents of that bag are exceptional and titillating to the lucky man that gets to see them. Her openness, especially with her left hand displayed predominantly and revealing obviously that there is no wedding band, beckons the young, artistic and musically inclined possible lover to pass his glance her way and take a look at what might eventually become his. The atmosphere between them is thick and the heat of what's to come is palpable.

Then the cop blips his siren, jumps out of the car, takes the man down like a steer wrestler, tasers him into submission, slaps the cuffs on him, throws him in the back of the car and wisks him away before she can even manage a gasp. She takes a right in Starbuck's for a quick latte and never thinks of that guy again.

So, in my case anyway, Doug's photo is a great success. It made me look at it and study it and think of things I otherwise would not have. I liked it a lot.
James Newman

Mike Shimwell

Doug, Accident or not I like this. There is a real sense of tension in the picture - James' story is great, even if we UK citizens find the equation of wealth and vaccination outside our immediate experience. I considered whether it would work better in black and white and I quite like that rendering too, although the sense of tension is altered by such a treatment.

Mike

Ossi Raimi

IMHO; the framing is good and pretty interesting. This way gives more room for watcher and in most cases that's good.
Composition is good too, there's enough space for move, but I don't like that white car... however you must accept things like it when you do street photography.