• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

It's all about "attitude"...

John Angulat

pro member
...and I think she's got that covered!
This lady is a semi-permanent fixture in one of NYC's smaller parks. I'd see her everytime I passed by. Year-round, always dressed head-to-toe in leather. Always sitting in the same chair mumbling to herself. This time she gave me a better shot. She was standing and pacing. I grabbed the shot and moved on.
A street shooter never lingers...

angulatX027.jpg

Best,
John
http://www.lightsimage.com

...and I think she's got that covered!
[...]
A street shooter never lingers...

Hi John,

Well when the subject lingers, there's no need to linger oneself, there will be new opportunities.

It's quite a character, nail-polish and lipstick, and lots of leather.

You got the timing right. I was just wondering, what aperture did you use, on which lens/camera?
Any cropping or was it composed almost full frame?

Would it have been possible to open up the aperture even more? It, or shooting from a shorter distance, might have helped to get even more separation from the background.

Cheers,
Bart

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Bart,
The image is essentially full frame, with very little cropping.
It was shot with a Nikon D200 & a 55-200mm VR zoom.
Exposure details: 200mm f5.6 1/45 sec.
Although a lot of my street images have had the luxury of a manual setting, this was was set on Full Auto. That's my "carry around mode" for the quick "I've only 2 seconds and 1 chance to get this shot" mentality. If time or subject permits, then we go manual.
This lady is prone to outbursts and is wary of anyone approaching. I've seen her chase a hapless tourist halfway arounfd the park. Hysterical for the observer but terrifying to the victim!

Best,
John