• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Apparently he can't stand...

John Angulat

pro member
...the sound of his own music!
A lonely individual, late at night playing to no one in particular.
Caught him at NYC's Bryant Park as I was passing by.

JJA4164sm.jpg

Thanks for looking,
John Angulat
http://www.lightsimage.com

Charlotte Thompson

Cool shot- he must have been under some intense light-
musicians dont need any body but their own music-I have 2 freinds who are musicians
they play for themselves mostly-
street musicians would make a great series for you since you roam NY-
Charlotte-

Rene F Granaada

The subdued highlights in the dark park creates a wonderful mood of balance for me between our need as humans to express our creativity and at the same time "play in the public park" as opposed to playing just for ourselves with only the walls of our room listening....

Cem_Usakligil

Hi John,

This is an interesting picture, thanks for sharing. I assume he was listening to a music piece on his headphones and playing the trumpet (??) partition out loud.

At first I thought that the harsh light was caused by your flash, but I realize now looking at the shadows on the tree that it must be some other continuous light source. So there was not much you can do about it, was there?

The more I look at the picture, the more it makes me ponder about some philosophical thoughts such as the ones expressed by Rene before. That's is why this is a succesfull picture if you ask my opinion.

Cheers,