• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Unemployed

fahim mohammed

Cold morning... bleak future

p588327687.jpg

regards.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Fahim
an image that makes one wondering…

Any story about? who's that man? One of his eyes seems smiling, the other not at all!

Ambiguous? tell us more!

Mike Shimwell

Fahim,

Welcome back. Once again your work is striking and beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this. Please tell us more about the man, as I suspect that you may well have spoken with him at some point!

Mike

fahim mohammed

Nicolas, Mike, thanks for looking. I was going to see a lake where the government had set up a fisheries project.. more to see the working folks than the project. we had to climb some distance, on the way
i saw this man sitting alone gazing at the distant lake. Thru my guide i asked him if he was a fisherman,
to which he replied he once was..but not since the fisheries started up.

Asked me if I had a cigarette. I do not smoke but a pack of cigarettes is as important an accessory as
a polariser! offered him a marl... light, the one he is smoking. was reluctant to talk. That's all I got from him.

regards.

Hi Fahim
an image that makes one wondering…

Any story about? who's that man? One of his eyes seems smiling, the other not at all!

Ambiguous? tell us more!

John Angulat

pro member
That's a very powerful image. I particulary enjoy the detail in his face. I'm also wondering how the image would appear in black and white. Thoughts?

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug, thanks for stopping by. without the cigarettes, i would have missed most skins! :)

Take care.

Hi, Fahim,

Lovely shot.

Now if only you could have given him a ColorRight MAX to hold instead of that cigarette, you could have made his skin truly beautiful!

Mike Shimwell

That's a very powerful image. I particulary enjoy the detail in his face. I'm also wondering how the image would appear in black and white. Thoughts?

An interesting thought that if I took a portrait such as this my first response would probably be black and white, and yet when Fahim makes the picture colour works so well.

Fahim, your strong and vibrant palette is an ongoing joy. I do look froward to the black and white versino though.

Mike

Mike Shimwell

Fahim

Also, I have seen your posting of several lovely powerful pictures. I need some sleep now, but will look again in the enxt few days and hope to comment.

Hope you are keeping well in Nepal and that your wife has a good trek back down.

Mike