• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Walk with me..

fahim mohammed

where the oxygen is already at -25% below sea-level and we have just started:

along very narrow suspension bridges, where the yaks have right of way..

p486231831.jpg

Along narrow dirt paths with one kilometer fall straight down on my right..the yaks have right of way:

p917993493.jpg

On glaciers of ice millions of years old..the mud is just a cover and gives a false sense of security..
these are called ' moraines ' and are used to install ladders for the ascent to Everest.

p999410206.jpg

To realize how insignificant we humans really are:

p883337912.jpg

The vastness engulfs and dwarfs you..

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

How will you be satisfied with ordinary street scenes after this! When you plan your trips do you arrange for a guide or is this ad hoc working from travel books and articles?

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
Thanks Fahim

the trees are up to which height?

In the alps, they' re about 2000 m altitude.
We' ve some similar bridges too:

fertigebruecke.jpg

So what do you do, when a yak is crossing ;-) ?

I like best the third image, with the moraines.

fahim mohammed

Asher, ordinary streets seem so mundane now, truely. This trip we planned thru books etc., but searched
for a reliable guide. no ad hoc trip was this! we saw many medivac trips thru this climb!

Fahim,

How will you be satisfied with ordinary street scenes after this! When you plan your trips do you arrange for a guide or is this ad hoc working from travel books and articles?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Regi, thanks for stopping by. I can assure you this is nowhere near being there, the wind in your face
the feeling of insignificance. frightening at times.

Best.

Wow, what a view! Fahim, I don't have words to thank you for sharing these pictures; it's almost like being there.

regi

fahim mohammed

Michael, thanks for stopping by.

When u see a yak you go back as fast as possible. if u cannot u try to grab hold of the rockface and cling for your life. yaks generally hate having things in their way and get nervous!

Regards.

QUOTE=Michael Fontana;64254]Thanks Fahim

the trees are up to which height?

In the alps, they' re about 2000 m altitude.
We' ve some similar bridges too:

fertigebruecke.jpg

So what do you do, when a yak is crossing ;-) ?

I like best the third image, with the moraines.[/QUOTE]