• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hippopotami

1/320s f/8.0 at 400.0mm iso400
original.jpg

Taken last June in Tanzania's Ngorongoro Crater.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...542&spn=0.003953,0.004876&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr

Thought about putting this in the "Portrait" thread but wasn't sure if it passed muster.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Winston,

This is a fine portrait! It works well in B&W too but the color is even better. Look at that guys face! Could perhaps slightly blur the other's. Just a matter of taste.

These are wonderful animals. Almost seem prehistoric!

Asher

Asher, Mike,

Thanks for the comments and critique. I have not been absent...just quiet. If not traveling, I'm here every day.

I remember the sea lions from their first posting...gorgeous stuff.

Mike,

I just visited your site looking for more sea lion images. I found the one that appears in the animal portrait forum. I also discovered your stunning flora macros...I need some lessons ;-)