• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bad hair day

Stuart Duncan

_DSC2658.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Stuart,

Brilliant! No need for snacks or chaperon, MUA or a hairstylist, so what works! The idea of the bald head is not quite clear enough but with your title it works enough to be funny. I did smile, in fact I'm smiling again right now, even after seeing Leonardo's gross head! His also didn't have a MUA or hairdresser!

I feel that the picture is too flat perhaps. You have not used light to amplify the importance of the lady. The soft out-of-focus bush is distracting. If there was a wider field with more of the foliage, then it might not matter if the leaves were soft. however, they should not be blown in the shiny highlights. I suggest underexposing for outside but using strobe for the lady.

Shooting much wider might give the lady at the window more context. I like the project and hope this is accessible for you to work further on this fun idea.

Asher

Stuart Duncan

Asher ,thanks for commenting , the idea was indeed just for fun and the technical side wasn't a big concern . The title was really the reason for the shot as the figure overlooks a court yard some distance away full of students and I felt that the expression was that of longing to join in but the disfigurement wouldn't allow , which brings us to context which I was unable to show .