• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How high can you go?

fahim mohammed

Wrong question in these parts pardner!

How high do you want to go?

p343773610.jpg

Regards.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Fahim,

This picture is so good/effective that I almost suffered from vertigo :).
What a place to be at! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi Fahim,

A similar vertigo effect here. When I clicked on the post I could only see the top half of the picture - as I mouse wheeled down I could almost feel my stomach drop!

I know in Canada the intense colour of the lakes is caused my sediment in the glacial meltwater - do you know if it is the same effect at work here?

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Andrew, exactly the same effect.

Regards.

Hi Fahim,

A similar vertigo effect here. When I clicked on the post I could only see the top half of the picture - as I mouse wheeled down I could almost feel my stomach drop!

I know in Canada the intense colour of the lakes is caused my sediment in the glacial meltwater - do you know if it is the same effect at work here?

Cheers,

Michael Fontana

pro member
yep, that icy water has a very special, intense colour.

Fahim, a question:

the brown hills in the foreground are the moraines of the older, bigger glacier; they created the lake by closing the river up?

Meanwhile at the center, we see todays grey glacier?

------------
Cem and Andrew; regarding vertigo:
it's nearly impossible to judge on a photo, how steep it is in reality; sometimes it looks steeper on photo and vice versa.

Couloir.jpg

the grey couloir looks pretty steep in photo; but it wasn't very difficult - even with quite a heavy bagpack and my son Roman, when he had 4 years, to walk down from the track to the bottom. Off course, he gave me his hand....

For sure, that's not been as high as Fahim was, and much less dangerous.

Ron Morse

Fahim,

I have so very much enjoyed your latest journey. I have been very busy lately and have had time for only a quick look and then had to go, hence no comments.

Thanks for including us in your adventure.

janet Smith

pro member
Fahim I've just got up - still dark outside - made a cup of tea - logged into OPF - and found this - WOW!

I thought you had finished showing us shots of Nepal, and now this one, it just keeps getting better and better, it looks almost too beautiful to be real, any more? Thank you for brightening my morning....