• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ghostly

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

Just finished image from a recent shoot. Subject was lit using a couple of strobes fired through see through white umbrellas.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3116255875_0f290acba5_b.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Matt,

Sometimes I am amazed at the workings of our forum. Like, in this case, it is a mystery why you've been given no reactions yet. I guess that people were busy with some other threads and this one has gotten pushed lower down in the list of new threads and eventually forgotten.

Nevertheless, back to the picture now. I have come back to look at it a couple of times, it is an interesting picture which holds attention longer than the first look. I like the composition and lighting in general terms, they work for me.

I don’t know what message you’re exactly trying to convey though? The passing of innocence? Sorrow? Some other message? The way I look at it, I see a grown up girl with a puppet, looking a bit ambivalent. And that is the part where I’d like to have some critic about. I think that her pose is not executed very well. She is not getting into her role and convincing us. Or maybe she is but I am not getting it ;-).

My second remark concerns the PP you’ve done. I think that you’ve applied some filters to create the soft-focus like look on the girl but in the compressed jpg version on screen, I can see some irregular patches on her face and arms. It is difficult to judge what exactly is going on but something doesn’t seem to be right fully.

All in all, it is a good concept and I like the end result, do you?

Cheers,

Matt,

Could you recheck the link for us!

We're not getting responses as Flikr image is no showing!

Asher :)