• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cow Hunter

Doug Lloyd

Have not been here in months. Good to be back.
Doug

p57033229-5.jpg

Canon EOS 20D
Focal length 260 mm
Exposure 1/125 at f/5.6

0 EV
Exposure mode

Auto

ISO 400

Ken Tanaka

pro member
I have to agree with James. This is a wonderful shot of a magnificent animal. It prompts me to recall the first time I saw a moose in the wild...they're huge! But that watermark really defaces the image badly. If the 72 dpi image is really that precious to you don't post it on a public forum.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Have not been here in months. Good to be back.
Doug

p57033229-5.jpg

Canon EOS 20D
Focal length 260 mm
Exposure 1/125 at f/5.6

0 EV
Exposure mode

Auto

ISO 400
Hi Doug,

I'm pleased to see the moose with his handsome antlers. It's an impressive beast, though really not to friendly to people when they wander into town. This guy looks pretty young. I wonder whether they can feed on soft green twigs when the grass is coered with snow?

I like the very intimate composition but might ask if you have more shots with further trees on the right included.

Asher

I agree with the other comments - a very successful moose portrait, where the signature is particularly intrusive. I'm certainly sensitive to the problem of image stealing, but hopefully different placement would provide reasonable protection, and still allow the beauty of the image to shine.

Doug Lloyd

Thank You for your kind comments and even those that are not so kind. ;)
I have put up a couple that dont have the copyright at very low res.
Hope you find them exceptable.
Thanks
Doug