• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snowey Egret....

Eric Diller

Today at the Wetlands...Very sunny day!!!
ISO 400
Shutter 1/1600
F5.6
500mm

PIC_7604-2.jpg

Wonderful shot, Eric! Love the feet hanging there, and the little fish in its beak is icing on the cake! The framing is a little tight, but I think it works well in this image.

The whites are a tad hot. Using the "sunny 16" rule, a shutter speed of 1/3200 would be indicated at f/5.6 and ISO 400, also suggesting a little overexposure. If you shot raw, I'll bet you can reclaims some detail in those hot areas.

I too would like to see a little less crop just to give that beauty a little more room. That being said, it is a very nice capture and the background is sweet. What wetlands are you shooting? It really makes me want to get back out to ours.
James

Eric Diller

Thanks for the advice...I will try some reposting later, heading back out to Viera Wetlands (Brevard County Florida) early this morning. thanks again for all your input...learning from others is awesome!!

That's a great location. I lived in Orlando for 12 years and made many visits down there to Cocoa, Titusville, and the Cape. Alas this was all before the photography phase of my life started. Do you still have the great G-string migration down there every year?
James Newman