• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

a vr-tour (takes some time to load - not finished yet)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Takes some time to visit!

Very nice…
Now, Spain? Italy? France (South East? could be Esterel mountains), Majorca?

Valentin Arfire

hi and thanks for sharing

I like the details and the colors of your picture.

the size - 11MB neverthheless is too big in my opinion - you could compress it to a 2-5 MB.
Also, for the better results I think you could make a page with full-screen option.

regards,

Klaus Esser

pro member
hi and thanks for sharing

I like the details and the colors of your picture.

the size - 11MB neverthheless is too big in my opinion - you could compress it to a 2-5 MB.
Also, for the better results I think you could make a page with full-screen option.

regards,

You´re right! I just had this one at hand. Will redo it.
It contains 8 single panos - i guess i should make extra pages for each.

best, Klaus

nicolas claris

Well by default on your page the interactive "doors" aren't active… one have to be curious about this little icon in the nav bar to check them…
Maybe you should provide a more user friendly way to advertise the interactive functions…

Klaus Esser

pro member
Here´s another one:

using a programmable/remote-controlled motorized panorama-head: a Merlin/Orion. It´s me sitting there and holding a Nokia N800 device which controls the head via Bluetooth. The head fires the camera via a short remote-release cable.

I can put the camera/head some meters high on a pole for shootimg spheres or highrez rectangle pictures.

fun_klein.jpg

http://www.klausesser.de/Kotten.mov

Last edited:

Klaus Esser

pro member
Well by default on your page the interactive "doors" aren't active… one have to be curious about this little icon in the nav bar to check them…
Maybe you should provide a more user friendly way to advertise the interactive functions…

??? I tested it exessively on nearly all platforms. . . When a little arrow appeares
at the mouse-pointer you can jump!
Tell me it it works, will you?

I´ll check it!

P.S.: strange - playing it from my desktop works. That´s how i placed it on my webspace . .

Ok - seems it takes some seconds after loading to let the links work. I´ll care for that.
About 20seconds after loading the links work.

nicolas claris

??? I tested it exessively on nearly all platforms. . . When a little arrow appeares
at the mouse-pointer you can jump!
Tell me it it works, will you?

I´ll check it!

P.S.: strange - playing it from my desktop works. That´s how i placed it on my webspace . .

OK I checked "intensively" ;-)

The white arrow (for interactive action) shows ONLY when the whole bunch is downloaded.
The interactive works with or without the "Show navigation points" is checked or not, but it behaves exactly as the white arrow (have to complete the downloadS first)

Valentin Arfire

Hi Klaus

nice tour.

I visited the photos on XP (sp2) and Leopard 10.5.6 and worked smoothly (Macbook 2.1 with 3 OS - Mac, Windows and Linux - 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM). Unfortunately on Linux it didn't (the movs are considered films and played with the film player - so the winner for all platforms is unfortunately the flash)

I think you could have put a sign of some sort on the hotspots and of course consider the tour either with screen or map selection besides the hotspots - both easy done on pano2qtvr or pano2vr.

regards,

Klaus Esser

pro member
Hi Klaus

nice tour.

I visited the photos on XP (sp2) and Leopard 10.5.6 and worked smoothly (Macbook 2.1 with 3 OS - Mac, Windows and Linux - 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM). Unfortunately on Linux it didn't (the movs are considered films and played with the film player - so the winner for all platforms is unfortunately the flash)

I think you could have put a sign of some sort on the hotspots and of course consider the tour either with screen or map selection besides the hotspots - both easy done on pano2qtvr or pano2vr.

regards,

Hi Valentine!

This tour is just an example - it´s not finished. It will be integrated in a web-site and use the functions and explanations of this site. Of course it´s too heavy with 11MB and needs a kind of pre-navigation.

best, Klaus

Excellent quality, and pretty home to spend holiday in.

A few ideas:

Who is this for ? broad public ? just anybody ?

You might like to keep the size bellow 1.5mb per pano
Try using Flash, even with iTune including quicktime, there are lots of users who will have trouble with QTVR.
The hotspots aren't intuitive... i spoted the smalll question mark.. then saw the spots.
Pano2vr does give you a small finger, with a popup tooltip... a bit better but still not that great.
FlashPanorama player lets you place whatever icon/translparency sign you like... i see some are on the floor and that's pretty ok. not too intrusive.

Lovely panoramas though!

Klaus Esser

pro member

A few ideas:

Try using Flash, even with iTune including quicktime, there are lots of users who will have trouble with QTVR.
The hotspots aren't intuitive... i spoted the smalll question mark.. then saw the spots.
Pano2vr does give you a small finger, with a popup tooltip... a bit better but still not that great.
FlashPanorama player lets you place whatever icon/translparency sign you like... i see some are on the floor and that's pretty ok. not too intrusive.

Lovely panoramas though!

Hi Laurent!

This is one of several tour-parts. It´s not finished yet and too "fat" - you´re right. At the moment i´m testing several viewers.

best, Klaus

Valentin Arfire

A few ideas:

Lovely panoramas though!
Hello friends,
indeed java as well as qt are having difficult times regarding panoramas so flash remains the main direction for internet.
There is a passionate discution on panoguide forum on java. http://www.panoguide.com/forums/feedback/5503/
Anyway the best panorama player was and remained DevalVR; unfortunately it still runs only on windows and is not yet implemented on the distribution so the visitor must install/configure it.

regards,