• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Views from over 3000 meters

Hi there,

Recently I've spent a week in Austria, at Kaprun ski-resort, celebrating New Year's Eve and a well deserved holiday. Of course, as a panorama maniac, I shot lots of frames to be stitched.
So I was thinking to show you some panoramas taken on a trip to Kitzstenhorn peak at 3029m. I was lucky to have a sunny and clear day.

Ok, since this is my first post (besides the introduction), I don't want to flood this thread and I'll show you three panos for start.

Comments and critiques are welcomed! :)

3172939873_4681e3019a_b.jpg

3172946499_82e6d34f94_b.jpg

3172966273_0babcac9b1_b.jpg

Best regards,
Andrei

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Andrei

My preferred is the 2nd one, but I prefer to see it alone, wihout the other around, so it is splendid in the white page/screen/wall!
A
A
AA
A
A
A
A
AA
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

3172946499_82e6d34f94_b.jpg
A
A
AA
A
A
A
A
AA
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Andrei,

This is a great point by nicolas. Again, I like the 2cd picture. A picture of this stature does not deserve to be stacked with others. One has to suppress the desire to show too much at a time. The provision of white space makes the picture stand as impressive as it should be!

The little spurt of cloud on the left is a little untidy. This is a very minor point but worthy of consideration. What do you think? Also, perhaps there could be some brightening of the central clouds as this is a great effect and maybe there is more that can be done to bring out the dimensionality of the entire line of clouds.

Asher

A picture of this stature does not deserve to be stacked with others. One has to suppress the desire to show too much at a time. The provision of white space makes the picture stand as impressive as it should be!

Nicolas, Asher, I guess you're right! It does look better alone. I will show other pictures alone in the post from now on ;)

The little spurt of cloud on the left is a little untidy. This is a very minor point but worthy of consideration. What do you think? Also, perhaps there could be some brightening of the central clouds as this is a great effect and maybe there is more that can be done to bring out the dimensionality of the entire line of clouds.
Hmm... yes, that cloud on the left is cut out, is incomplete. I guess I can re-crop the image in order to eliminate it completely, or I should try some cloning or something like that, to remove that cloud.

I'm taking into consideration your advices and I'll make some edits to the image and repost.

Valentin, I will post more of those images, but I have to be careful, not to overwhelm the thread ;)