• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Modern Woman

Philippe Paquet

Here's the beginning of my serie called "The Modern Woman". It's all "Natural Light" ;) I let you guess what I'm talking about. Let me know what you think.

dsc01642_11x14_web_640.jpg

dsc01687_11x14_web_640.jpg

dsc02742_11x14_web_640.jpg

dsc02747_11x14_web_640.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here's the beginning of my serie called "The Modern Woman". It's all "Natural Light" ;) I let you guess what I'm talking about. Let me know what you think.

dsc02747_11x14_web_640.jpg
Phillipe,

A delight to see this approach to expressing your ideas. Without any further introduction it seems we are taken to a modern view of almost narcissistic fashion spanning over several decades perhaps as represented in magazines like Vogue. She has confidence and attitude, a little haughty perhaps. She's no longer a worker or subservient and has her own style and independence. All this, of course, is a fantasy or else a diversion for most women in Western Society. The women in this form is glorified and becomes an engine for the major occupation of leisure, which is rabid driven shopping. Style does trump substance. Even getting a part of a collection allows a women to strut a little with her girlfriends for who this display is most important.

Using store models you don't even have to get the approval of a single woman in your work! I like the idea that no release is required!

You have put a lot of creativity in these pictures. I'd love to know more.

fahim mohammed

Philippe, an excellent twist to express your take on the theme. Somehow, I feel the pics are not alive! :)

But one never knows, true love can do wonders!

Best.

Rene F Granaada

Yeah, is she alive or dead, hmmmm looking at a mannequin, but the make up is wonderful, almost Kabuki theater here...style, style, style! the mannequins are coming alive at midnight, and society's women are turning into mannekens at midnight....

René-Frank

Philippe Paquet

Spot on

Phillipe,

A delight to see this approach to expressing your ideas. Without any further introduction it seems we are taken to a modern view of almost narcissistic fashion spanning over several decades perhaps as represented in magazines like Vogue. She has confidence and attitude, a little haughty perhaps. She's no longer a worker or subservient and has her own style and independence. All this, of course, is a fantasy or else a diversion for most women in Western Society. The women in this form is glorified and becomes an engine for the major occupation of leisure, which is rabid driven shopping. Style does trump substance. Even getting a part of a collection allows a women to strut a little with her girlfriends for who this display is most important.

Using store models you don't even have to get the approval of a single woman in your work! I like the idea that no release is required!

You have put a lot of creativity in these pictures. I'd love to know more.

Thanks a lot Asher.

I'm amazed by your comments as they are really spot on. The inspiration is very much the work of photographers like Jean-Loup Sieff for Vogue or Harper Baazar. What I want to do with that set is depict a glamorous woman who has a strong fashion sense. At the same time she is very confident and knows exactly what she wants.

From far, you shouldn't be able to tell that they are of mannequins. You should only realize that when getting closer.

Practically, they are pretty much perfect models: they have a perfect skin, they don't move, they don't sweat, they pose for free and you don't need a release form.

Philippe

Philippe Paquet

The lighting is terribly harsh...but seems to work anyway. Interesting!

It's all natural lighting. Well, sort of. I didn't take those pictures in studio. They are all pictures of mannequins in shop windows taken from the street. I have no control on the lighting and I have to deal with the reflection and glare you get from the window.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks a lot Asher.

I'm amazed by your comments as they are really spot on. The inspiration is very much the work of photographers like Jean-Loup Sieff for Vogue or Harper Baazar. What I want to do with that set is depict a glamorous woman who has a strong fashion sense. At the same time she is very confident and knows exactly what she wants.

From far, you shouldn't be able to tell that they are of mannequins. You should only realize that when getting closer.

Practically, they are pretty much perfect models: they have a perfect skin, they don't move, they don't sweat, they pose for free and you don't need a release form.

Philippe
Hi Phillipe,

I was nervous that I had perhaps missed the mark by a lot. I felt I was limited by having such a different background and in the end I went with my impressions, fed as well by my limited involvement with fashion and my project with women's choices.

There is so much you can do with this. I think that you have your work cut out for you lighting, makeup and retouching. I had already decided to get some manaquins for setting up lights and compositions. However, one of the advantages of models is that they leave at the end of the shoot and don't need space to store them!

Please continue to update us as you try new ideas.

Asher

DLibrach

I think this is an absolutely stunning collection and I love the social commentary of it all. Are there more to come?

David